Following their successful sale last November, Hanhai Hong Kong returns in the autumn season this year with a strong focus on buddhist art and Chinese archaic bronze artefacts. Slightly tucked away from the buzz in Wan Chai, their elegantly-curated preview at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong sets a tranquil and peaceful backdrop for Hanhai Hong Kong’s two important sales, The Merciful Buddha II and The Bronze Age II. Past the showroom entrance, a gigantic canopy in pearl-white colour comes into view, creating a huge contrast with all the valuable ancient works of art pieces beneath. While you marvel at the modern geometry on the 3D-printed backdrop installation (which undoubtedly is also art), be sure to let the following highlighted treasures lock your gaze:
1. Sakyamuni Qing Palace, Qianlong period, Qing dynasty 清 乾隆釋迦牟尼像
2. Ekadasamukha Avalokitesavara Dali, Yunnan Province, China / 10th~13th century 十一面觀音 大理 ／ 十至十三世紀
3. Kshetrapala Dolonor district, Inner Mongolia / China. 18th century
切扎巴拉 蒙古 多倫諾爾 / 18世紀
4. Fang-Yi vessel with the inscription “Ying Meng” Mid-Western Zhou Dynasty 應(金黽)方彝 西周中期
5. Fang-zun vessel with the inscription “Ying Meng” Mid-Western Zhou Dynasty 應(金黽)方尊 西周中期
Auction details please click here.